Ever thought "I live in the city, other than a few little things there is not much I can do.". Well the goal in here is to start to find so more ways you can have a positive effect. We'd love your ideas too.
Here are some idea's on how you can do it.
- Use less of course - see our 'use green' section.
- Some electricity providers can agree to supply your power with green power. Sign up to them.
- Plant a tree or put up some shade cloth to reduce the temperature in your house to cut down on air-con usage.
- Solar garden lights.
- Solar Battery charges.
- Solar/wind powered pond pumps.
- Outdoor lighting Projects.
- Start small, have an experiment, Can you replace a lamp with green power, can you replace a rooms power?
- Have a Shed - why not make it self sufficient.
- Have a Garage - why not make it self sufficient.
- Bicycle or Walk short distances.
- Get a solar lawn mower to cut your lawns.
- Awnings that open and close based on the incident sunlight.
- Set your thermostats 1-2 degrees warmer (or cooler, depending on the season) than you normally would.
- Install an on-demand water heater (biggest energy hog in most homes) or a solar hot water heater.
- Know where your food comes from and perhaps eat less?